TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are better the screamin demon coil packs or the msd ones? debating but the msd ones are 78 bucks each! on supercoupe performance wasnt it 98 a pair?

·
8,239 Posts
the units in the tbird are pretty much trouble free, i haven't heard of someone replacing one in a long time.

·
Super Moderator
11,965 Posts
i've had my copper plugs up to 0.068" gap on stock coil packs w/ 130k miles on them.......didnt notice much of a difference, if at all, but it still works at that gap, seemingly.......fearing i might be near the limit of the coil pack's firing ability, i went back down to 0.065" gap and keep it there....not bad for that kind of age and considering gap range is suggested at 0.052-0.056"

·
Registered
63 Posts
I suggest the Screamin' Demons over the MSDs.

I've seen more than a few posters (on here and other boards) complain of cracked parts on MSD coils.

Don't be affraid to get Motorcraft coils again if you can get them cheap. They're quite good.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Reading around, it looks likethe MSD's actually fire about 10K volts higher than the Screamindemon, if you're interested in that then it's something to think about.

My question is what is the difference between a 98 and 99 up coil pack? Is it just post type? Can they be used interchangably with the right wires and plugs? Or is there a huge difference?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts