TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone ever made these or know of a kit to delete this.. all mine do is collect crumbs and i hate trying to clean them up...

·
Registered
258 Posts
coin delete

i know theres a switch that drops right in to that slot also........ if you wanted a switch for foglights or accent lighting or blacklights or something. i believe its from a newer (after the fox body) mustang. i think its a foglight switch or traction control switch or something like that. i saw it on here so im sure if noone replies to this you can find it with a search. it sells for around $25-$30.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Or just get a 97 console. That way your cup holders will collect dirt. Much better. :D

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
lmfao. maybe i will just glass the top that i have, and repaint. since it is painted anyways. because i already ahve the switches in the ashtray.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The round-end Mustang rocker-type fog light switches are a direct drop-in. I purchased 2 switches and the matching harnesses off E-Bay awhile back, long enough ago that I don't recall what years the Mustangs used those switches. 98 to 03 sounds about right but you'd want to confirm that.

I put the 2 switches in with relays and flashers. The rear switch is for the Traffic Backer (alternating brake & backup lights) and the front switch is for the alternating high-beams. I ran a wire from each relay to the unused amber up-shift arrow light in the tach as a reminder that one or both have been activated - don't want to be driving along with one of the switches accidently turned On.

Regards,

Larry W7LES in Cheyenne

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
meh. i would rather not have them at all, and never know that they were there... i have my switch panel somewhere else, and i need to repaint anyways... i might be going to pick up some bondo after work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.