TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since RichardM stopped making his intake tube it left alot of us s.o.l. and it got me thinking...I've been talking it over with one of my buds and were thinking about fabricating some tubes. His only concern is weather or not there will be demand for it...i say yes...he's not so sure...yet. I'm going to try to use the RM tube as the standard as far as quality goes....And Richard....if you have any pointers i'd sure love to hear them.. Anybody else...let me know what you'd like to see and what you don't want to see. This is just the first step....
Erik

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I'd like to see you take the Civic intake tube, cut the little tube off, seal the 2 holes, and heat-bend it where it would hit the hood otherwise on a stock '94-'95. Provide the '96 intake hose with the PCV (???) connection then sell it for less than $90. :D

Can you do that?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Slight setback.....

Today my car threw the check engine light on....I got a p1407 code telling me my there's no flow at the egr valve. So now what money i have saved needs to go to fixing it.:mad: The car runs fine but that amber light really makes me mad. I'm sure this is gonna cost me alot...:ztoohot:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Who said richardM stopped making them...?

·
midnight toker
1,497 Posts
Eric420 said:
Slight setback.....

Today my car threw the check engine light on....I got a p1407 code telling me my there's no flow at the egr valve. So now what money i have saved needs to go to fixing it.:mad: The car runs fine but that amber light really makes me mad. I'm sure this is gonna cost me alot...:ztoohot:
\

mine spat that code out i fixed it by taking off the throttle body off and cleaning out the carbon deposits in the little notches that make airflow for the egr.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SkunkWorks said:

From all the searching i've done....RichardM himself said so. Do a search. If that's not the case somebody speak up...I'd sure like a RichardM tube for my '95 Coug'....when i can afford one.:) As for the EGR problem....i guess i'm gonna tear apart my throttle body and clean it today...hopefully that takes care of my c.e.l...wish me luck...

Erik

·
Registered
364 Posts
Did you emial him to ask him?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
SkunkWorks said:
"As for the list and what I am making. I am on a break from making tubes.
It takes almost all my spare time to keep up and now it is , well 45°F in my garage and it really takes the fun out of it. I plan to go full bore in the spring and make a few here and there to fill the list out which is only a few folks right now." -RichardM, 11-15-2002

It appears he made a few more last spring/summer and then quit.

·
Registered
364 Posts
2002... yeah a year ago.. Just emial him and ask instead of asking other people.. no one knows better then... him ;)

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
i have to ask, does that civic tube work on a panther chassis with a violin case?

·
Registered
364 Posts
what the hell is a panther chassie...?

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
crown vic, grand marquis- clown car. im hooking my moms, cv up. needs suspension work so, cop shocks, cop suspension, better intake and exhaust. gotta a trac lock too !

·
Registered
364 Posts
wtf..

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
why dont you like the idea of a vic passing you? or at least not behind you with the lights on?

·
Registered
364 Posts
What the hell are ya talking about?

·
Registered
508 Posts
jk89cat said:
crown vic, grand marquis- clown car. im hooking my moms, cv up. needs suspension work so, cop shocks, cop suspension, better intake and exhaust. gotta a trac lock too !

It's got a cop motor: a 440 cubic inch plant. It's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is this the new Bluesmobile, or what? - Elwood Blues, Blues Brothers

:D

Sorry, could not resist.

Does anyone know that part number on the Civic intake tube?

·
Registered
364 Posts
I was thinking it was blues brothers but you didnt say all the proper things..

I get out of jail and the first thing I see if my brother picking me up in a ****ing Cop car!

·
Registered
508 Posts
SkunkWorks said:
I was thinking it was blues brothers but you didnt say all the proper things..

I get out of jail and the first thing I see if my brother picking me up in a ****ing Cop car!

:rofl: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
i dont know the pn but autozone by me carries only one and it fits a whole bunch of years. yes that what i was saying btw, but im not doing the rest, i figured you guys would pick up the reference! thats one of my fav movies.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts