TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I drove from San Francisco to Seattle. I got up there no problem. As soon as I got up there though, some problems started. The day after I arrived, I tried to start my car in the morning, cold, and it would start, sputter and die. The only way I could get it started was to start reving my engine and keep the RPMs up for a few seconds after I start it up.

This problem continued the week I was in Washington, then I drove back to SF, and had no problems except the intinial start up. Once the engine is warm, it roars right to life, no problems. Since I got back this weekend, it still has trouble cold starting . Yesterday I tried cleaning the air filter, and the MAF. Started it up this morning to go to work, and the same problem. I have a new fuel filter I'm going to try installing later today or tomorrow. I checked my spark plugs and there was nothing more the the usual wear.

The ONLY work I did to the car before I drove to Washington, are an oil change using a Motocraft filter, Castrol GTX oil, and I replaced the violin case with the civic tube. I reset the computer after I did the intake and didn't have any problems until I got to Washington.

Anybody have any ideas? I did a search and could find anything about this problem. My car and mods are in my sig and avatar.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Maybe an altitude change affected it?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what I thought at first as well, but the car was doing it all week last week up in Washington and is still acting up back here in California.

I don't think the car's listening very well when I tell it I'm going to sell it and buy a truck it it keeps this up!

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Maybe the IAC? Don't know if that affects startup or not tho. Is your chip loose in the EEC maybe? A vacuum leak? Check where the MAF is and make sure you didn't leave anything loose. Maybe its getting some unmetered air in there somehow.

Change your fuel filter and see if it improves. It may be starving for gas a bit. That would make for a hard start and bad running.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts