TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am haveing problems with hesitation right after cold start. Idles OK when in park, but occasionally it dies when I put it in drive. I have cleaned the MAF, relatively new plugs and wires. I tried to log some data using my Xcal2, but have not found anything yet. Any ideas what to log, of look at. The only thing I noticed is that the DPFE voltage it 0, but I don't think that would cause my problem anyway.

I am a little worried about my coolant temp sensor. Does it control anything other than the fan?

Thanks for the help.

·
Banned
377 Posts
possibly a sticking TB?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I dug a little deeper with everyones favorite...the search button. I didn't find anything exactly matching what I was experiencing, but I did find out some interesting things about DPFE sensors and decided to go ahead and replace mine.

It is a little early to call it fixed because the problem does not occur every single time (just most of the time), but after replacing the sensor the car idles much smoother and did not hesitate or die. I am optimistic that my problem is solved.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
clean the egr tube inside the upper plenum. It could be clogged or close to it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
IAC is only about 15K miles (1 1/2 years) old. The DPFE took care of most of it, changed the coolant temp sensor last night. So far perfect idle.

On a different note. Does anyone know the correct reading from the MAF at idle once the car is warm? I thing the Xcal 2 logs it in #/min, but it may be #/hour. Mine is not coding, but the lowest reading I get is 770#/min which sounds high. I cannot find a reading for a stock 4.6, but a V6 I found only used 390#/min. Making some assumptions, I think a 4.6 should be closer to 500-600#/min at idle. Anyone log this?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts