TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wondering if any one has this same occurance, i live in rochester and the weather is usually all over the place.well i had been driving in about 80* humid weather for approx 2 weeks and the past 2 days we had rain and the temperature dropped to 55* and lemme tell u... my car feels like it gained 1/3 more power from the temperature change...should there be such a drastic change in power output from temperature alone? i noted as well that any thing over 75 degrees and the car feels like it looses alot of timing to the point where drivability su*ks. i even had the courage to compete against my buddy's stock LT1 trans am which i normally lose to by a car lenght to 60 and to my surprise i got about 1/2 car on him from a stop and held it till around 45-50 wen he then crept up and passed me. im starting to think that the 4.6 loves timing. I wish it ran like this all the time :mad:

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
All cars like cool, dense air, which would be from the rain and the temp. drop to 55. That is normal. Not sure if the EEC takes this into account and re-adjusts things a bit, but all I know is they do run better in the cooler air.

Jay

·
Registered
457 Posts
There was a guy on ebay some time ago selling a small electrode that jumped the sensor that read humidity, altitude, and temperature and tricked it to think it was warm, moist air at high altitude (over 5000 Ft). This in return made the car run "Rich" all the time as the computer thought it had to compensate for the loss of cold air going into the intake. I actually bought one for like $5 but never put it in because it does require some soldering (Something I'm not good at).

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
The ECM can do alot of change depending on what it sees from the IAT sensor.

Please don't ever solder a resistor to the IAT, its a waste of time.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts