TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My coolant sensor for the reservoir crapped out. When I pulled it out of the reservoir, the wiring seemed to have been twisted and broke (not by me of course!).

Has anyone fixed these before? I see the price is upwards to $200 if not less than a $100. Trying to save a trip to the u-pull-n-get-ripped-off.

Thanks!

·
Registered
290 Posts
My coolant sensor for the reservoir crapped out. When I pulled it out of the reservoir, the wiring seemed to have been twisted and broke (not by me of course!).

Has anyone fixed these before? I see the price is upwards to $200 if not less than a $100. Trying to save a trip to the u-pull-n-get-ripped-off.

Thanks!
I got mine on bobutterfordparts for $80.

COOLING SYSTEM / COOLING / RADIATOR & COMPONENTS / Recovery tank
Recovery tank 4.6 LITER, w/sensor

MSRP Core ? Online Price
$101.33 $0.00 $79.04

Mike

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got mine on bobutterfordparts for $80.

COOLING SYSTEM / COOLING / RADIATOR & COMPONENTS / Recovery tank
Recovery tank 4.6 LITER, w/sensor

MSRP Core ? Online Price
$101.33 $0.00 $79.04

Mike
Thanks Mike. How did yours break, do you know? Also, do you have to remove the reservoir to replace the sensor?

I am going to see if I can find the time to hit the j-yard this weekend. Another Cougar owner needs a spare tire anyway. I need some stuff for my Town Car and always looking for stuff for the Mark.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Thanks Mike. How did yours break, do you know? Also, do you have to remove the reservoir to replace the sensor?

I am going to see if I can find the time to hit the j-yard this weekend. Another Cougar owner needs a spare tire anyway. I need some stuff for my Town Car and always looking for stuff for the Mark.
You're welcome. That part is the entire coolant resevoir with the sensor in it. All you do is remove the old tank and install the new tank. Very easy to do. Mine didn't break, I just didn't like how nasty my resevoir looked inside and I couldn't get it clean so I bought a new one :D

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts