TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only one who is really nervous about school starting soon? I was like this last year, but this year I gotta maintain a 3.35+ or I lose my scholarship, so I am kind of scared if the classes are extremely hard or not.

My biggest fear is an A-hole roommate. Have you all ever had any real bad roomies and what did you do about it?

·
Smoothmeister K
887 Posts
No I'm not really nervous. And I don't have to worry about my roommate, cause we have our own suites and we share a bathroom, so I'll hardly see the guy.
If you get an obnoxious roommate, speak with your floor's RA - they might be able to move you somewhere else.
I'll be a senior this year. I was only nervous going to college the first 2 years. Now I'm just "Meh, school. Back to the grind."
Classes will only get harder, that's just a fact. Just think positively about things. You'll do fine.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Yeah I can't wait to finally start taking classes I enjoy...three years of core and what not(chemistry) isn't too much fun

·
Registered
946 Posts
College rocks. I'm going to be a senior this year and all I can say is that I've enjoyed my three years here at Purdue so far and it's gone by TOO fast. I love my major and the people in it are great. College is nothing but good times, beer, friends, and "other stuff" ;)

I'm even thinking about staying an extra semester to finish up another major. Right now I'm a Management major with a finance minor. I want to do a double major in Accounting and stay an extra semester.

·
PostSkank
3,231 Posts
Hell yes I'm ready for things to get going again, I transferred schools this year, nad didnt make it in time to register for any summer courses, so I've been sitting on my arse pretty much all summer.

Roomate issue now is great, but my freshman year I had a horrible roomate.... we all reffered to him as "the plague." I could tell some stories, but I'm getting aggravated just thinking about it.

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
I'm not really looking forward to school starting again, mainly because I've got Calc III at 7:30 am every day but Tuesday :( I know my roommates, same as last year...and we have a pretty good time so that's not a big deal at all.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lightevergreenfrost said:
I am really nervous about school. I have never been in a large school my whole life and now am at UK which is nothing like what I am use to. No roommate though. Got an appartment on my own so that I won't have to deal with one.
Hey man, I just put in a year at UK, if you have questions about how they work let me know and I will help you as best I can. Feel free to call me at 270 312 6739 (Cell) if you got any.

Yeah.. I'll definitely be more optimistic this semester, no fraternity to get in my way, so it is just school and a job.

Anyone going to be working while in school?

·
Registered
437 Posts
I'm nervous, dont know my roomie, and I'm a freshman lol..

But hey, its better than sitting on my a$$ being bored at home:)

·
Registered
252 Posts
I just transfered from UCF in Orlando to FIU in Miami. I am ready to go back. I have done nothing but move and work all summer. School is such a relief. Junior this year, but I plan to keep going until I get my masters. I am a commuter also. I only have classes mondays (8AM to 8PM) and wednesdays(8AM to noon). I start back August 30, weather and hurricanes permitting.

PS. My year at UCF, I was lucky and had great roommates.

·
Registered
970 Posts
yeah, back to school on the 23rd. 3rd year (not sure if I"m a real junior or not yet though....)

Rooms.....Living by myself on campus (single room). Not a bad gig other than the small space and shared showers/bathrooms. Have a reserved spot out infront of the building this year, so it'll save from parking on the other side of campus when coming back from work at the wrong time of day (granted it's a relatively small campus). Also means I'll probalby know who's parked out there so I can get parked somewhere to avoid door dings (damn door dings! :mad: ).

Classes shouldn't be horrible. Couple I'll like, one slack class, and speech (forgot what the other one was). Somewhat light load, but I've got a portfolio of my own I wish to work on, and a job to find.

As far as work.....working until snow falls back home on the weekends (3.5 day weekend for me). after snow flies, who knows...

I'm actually somewhat anxious to move back in. I'm sick of 70 hour work weeks....

·
Registered
972 Posts
If you guys think your gonna have it bad with roomies, My best friend is going to Indiana State, He will have to share a "suite" with 5 other guys. He was telling me how cool it was going to be since 67% of the student population were female.

What he doesnt understand is that, most of those girls more than likely have a boyfriend, not all are hot, and his game isnt as strong as mine. lol

Just a quick question, What are you guys going to college for? I know you have classes, but what do you want to be?

I didnt really have a goal to go to college and once I got out of high school, its like, What now??

So Im going to save up some money for a year, and start next year at either Purdue, or Lincoln tech. My original plan was to go to Arizona, but that fell through when I had to go to night school for a credit.

Good luck guys.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I was quite nervous when I first started, but it only lasted about a week. Then I realized college was cool. Even after I tranferred to SFA and started dorm life, I was hardly nervous at all. The biggest thing I was worried about there was finding all my classes since it was a much larger place than TSTC. God I wish I could go back there, but I have to do the community college thing for a while because I'm short on money and the government isn't helping.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts