TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Stroked and Blown
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, do any of you know of a reliable website where I can get real, good discounts on college books? One of the textbooks I need is no longer in our book store because they are sold out. They could order me one, but it will cost an arm and a leg. (It's not like Universities already make enough money as it:rolleyes: ) Anyways, if any of you can post a link to a website, I'd appreciate it. The book I need is actually titled "Mapping Crime, Principle and Practice" by Kieth D. Harries

Thanks flock!

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Id suggest amazon.com, they usually have what you need and cheap.

·
Eleventeenth Gear Poster
3,067 Posts
Cool Dude said:
Yeah but can I trust Amazon when giving them my credit card number?
I'd trust Amazon more than I would trust Joe Schmoe on eBay. They're not some fly-by-night company, they've been around for years.

EDIT: Come to think of it, the cheap books you get off Amazon usually come from individuals or small independent companies, so it kind of like buying a book off eBay. I've bought several that way and have never had a problem.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
addall.com
this site searches all of the above mentioned sites and gives ya the cheapest price.
make sure to have plenty of time to receive your textbooks though, because you are at the mercy of another (possibley lazy) college student to actually get up off the couch and mail that sucker in.

·
Registered
789 Posts
at amazon and half, the company processes your card, not the 3rd party. Yes, they are trustworthy. I'd trust them more than using a card at a local restaurant where they actually have it in their hands.

Also, most banks will give you a temporary number to use for a one time purchase. Try that.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Saw a book that I need for $40+shipping. Still haven't ordered it, but normal cost is $130+tax. Getting along so far without it.

I have ordered of textbookx.com, but still kinda pricey, depending. I bought a book for $80 shipped, brand new. From some other website, but they sell on there too. But BRAND NEW for $80 shipped is pretty good when it costs $130 regularly. I had 3 classes, had to buy books for 2 of them, and books cost almost $400. That's rediculous. At least I didn't have to buy tools this semester, another overcharge from stupid Snap-on. Cost us $500, including the $175 case, plus tax, and then there was other stuff we had to buy. So last semester with books and tools was around $900. Plus tuition.

·
Stroked and Blown
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, i found out tonight that the book I said I needed is really a website that the professor wants us to download the software, that we don't need the book. I'm glad because the book costs $59.00 according to amazon. I will indeed start buying all of my books online from now on and take the extra money that I would normally spend and bank it. (or invest it into the Tbird) hehehe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts