TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok.. to all you Coloradans out there.. I heard a rumor today that Denver was going to implement "spot check e-test ' stations. Basically, it's a moble E-test truck that will roam the metro area and scans passing cars with a laser to get the E-test (not sure exactly how it works), and then a Photo-radar like device snaps a pic of your plate. The rumor says that if you get two clean passes a year, no e-test is required for registration..

Anyone else heard of this? (i'm going to search yahoo after I watch South Park)

:edit: I found an article on this.. http://www.insidedenver.com/drmn/state/article/0,1299,DRMN_21_2312345,00.html

This rocks.. you can pass these stations, and there will be no physical inspection, which means i can mod away and not worry about tripping MIL codes, having the exact exhaust that was factory, or any of that other crap.. I''ll have to have a mild program written for my EEC tuner that will pass, then just go drive by these things a couple times..

I think Lonnie has to move to Colorado.. :tongue:

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Funny they don't mention that if you fail, they'll go over your car like they did Lonnie. Half-truths are lies.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh sure.. rain on my parade.. (j/k) I'm kinda interested what they consider "cleanest of the clean". We'll see.. i've been driving my truck and have hit the station once.. I'm gonna try to hit it again in the next couple months, then see when my April reg card comes through. If my truck passes, my bird can pass easily..

·
Gauge master
884 Posts
We have this in the "enhanced" inspection areas. That means St. Louis City, St. Louis County, Jefferson County and others, have to either goto a emissions testing station, or drive by three of these Rapid Screen vans every two years.

Kinda cool. Better than having to do it every year like before. Now, if your model year end in an odd number, you have to get your car inspected in the odd years. I.e. my 1995 had to be inspected this year (2003).

Welcome to the era of cleaner air.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Fort Collins tried this for a while but it did not work. i drove through it several times but still got the paper work to go for a test. Supposedly if your car tested clean (which mine did) you would get a pass for the next emmissions test. If it did not pass you would just go in for your next regular renewal and supposedly you would fail and have to fix it up.

Scott where are you in St. Louis? i moved to Colorado from there.

Thumper where are you located and when are the Colorado guys going to get together for a cruise?

Tony

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tony, I'm in Westminster. I've met a few of the other guys around here, and I think we'll start getting together more once the weather gets a little more stable.. (in the spring). My bird is undergoing major reconstruction right now and I won't be drivable till then anyway. I've got lots of work to do though.. so if ya want to turn a wrench and learn about the inside of these things.. you're more than welcome to come down one weekend and help..

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Hey Tony - did you ever get your drivetrain vibration fixed?

BTW - I'm coming to Colo. for a few days over Christmas, (flying), to visit the folks in Berthoud.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
John,

We finally narrowed it down to the pumpkin. I do not know if it had a bad bearing in it from the beginning or if the Mark VIII drive shaft (new from Ford) threw it out.

I have my old 3:08 pumkin in right now, waiting to put new bearings in the 3:73.

Not sure what all the Christmas schedule will be but give me a call when you get here. 970-690-2341

Tony

1 - 10 of 10 Posts