TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine says he raced a Colorado SS. I didn't believe him, I figured he was talking about the Silverado SS. The other day I saw one for myself, it was parked so I only got a glance of the silver SS badge. I looked it up on and can't find info anywhere. Can anyone give me some info on this or a website, anything ... please? They wasn't the same truck, so mabye its a couple of people playing with SS badges! I don't know, But I want to know!!

·
Sweet T
3,452 Posts
The Chevy Colorado SS is a concept vehicle that they had at SEMA last year. The concept had a 400HP LS2 engine in it, slammed suspension and 20" rims. Something tells me, he raced a Colorado with SS badges on it. Currently, the only cars GM is producing as an "SS" in 2006 are the Silverado, Monte Carlo, Impala, Malibu, Trailblazer and Cobalt.

The Corvette and Avalanche are available in Z-packages, z06 and z71 respectively.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Is the I5 even considered quick? Its the only truck in that segment with no V6, or a V style engine of any type. I really hate that those can cost upwards of $30K and still have an all plastic interior and doors that are paper thin. If you put just a little force on the fender above the front wheels you can push it in pretty far.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
lightevergreenfrost said:
Is the I5 even considered quick? Its the only truck in that segment with no V6, or a V style engine of any type. I really hate that those can cost upwards of $30K and still have an all plastic interior and doors that are paper thin. If you put just a little force on the fender above the front wheels you can push it in pretty far.

Nothing wrong with not having a v engine in a truck, ask an 18 wheeler driver

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Thats a good point. But, from what Ive noticed (maybe some have different experiances) most of the public respond more to, lets say, a V6 over I5. I could not begin to count how many times I was asked what does the "I" mean, or what happened to the 4.3? I personnaly don't think there is anything wrong with an inline engine, if it makes the power it should. Like the old 300 strait 6's in the F series, great engine with decent torque.

ps. didn't they get rid of the 4.3 due to its age and new emmision laws?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
lightevergreenfrost said:
Thats a good point. But, from what Ive noticed (maybe some have different experiances) most of the public respond more to, lets say, a V6 over I5. I could not begin to count how many times I was asked what does the "I" mean, or what happened to the 4.3? I personnaly don't think there is anything wrong with an inline engine, if it makes the power it should. Like the old 300 strait 6's in the F series, great engine with decent torque.

ps. didn't they get rid of the 4.3 due to its age and new emmision laws?
4.3 sucked all around

the 3.5 I5 makes more power and way better mileage, haven't seen the torque curve though, but according to gmc's website in comes on pretty low.

GM is finally ditching pushrods

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Kentwood said:
GM is finally ditching pushrods
Maybe in their every day vehicles, but they're sure as hell keeping them around in their higher performance lines LSx and Vortech series (yeah, I know, they're the same engine basicaly).

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
The OHC inlines that GM has right now just may be the most badass engine available in anything. I've seen the 4.2 make over 600HP NA. I've also seen a turbocharged one in a Nova Wagon go 8s, and it's a street car, not a race car. The 4 & 5 cylinder ones use exactly the same parts. They have one hell of a cylinder head on them.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
kdanner said:
The OHC inlines that GM has right now just may be the most badass engine available in anything. I've seen the 4.2 make over 600HP NA. I've also seen a turbocharged one in a Nova Wagon go 8s, and it's a street car, not a race car. The 4 & 5 cylinder ones use exactly the same parts. They have one hell of a cylinder head on them.

yep - those engines alone have made me consider a gmc vehicle *gasp*

Now they need that I6 in the colorado - then we're talking

supposedly it won't fit though

1 - 17 of 17 Posts