TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Resident drifter
649 Posts
I'm pretty sure its just the Holden Commodore again. Same car as the pontiac G8. Not that its a bad thing, I liked that car with the exception of the lack of a proper manual transmission. Ford won't bring anything cool over here, like the falcon, because they are too scared it will out perform/sell their precious mustang. Instead they will continue to make fwd platform garbage.

·
̇
3,702 Posts
slidebird91 said:
Ford won't bring anything cool over here, like the falcon, because they are too scared it will out perform/sell their precious mustang.
Well said!

;)

Rayo..

·
Super Moderator
16,821 Posts
Could be that the current Commodore was developed to be a global platform and not an Australian only platform like the Falcon is. Safety and emissions standards aren't the same between here and there, hence the necessary compromises (prime example; the gas tank) to the old Monaro to create the GTO.

·
Registered
833 Posts
However GM did the Grand National and ford came back with the SC. However I don't think Ford will be able to beat the 1,100 hp Mustang with a sedan, so a response from Ford to the Chevy SS is very possible. Although I would like to see Ford bring the Thunderbird back, and not a retro version either that was kinda disappointing.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Ford has a bunch of names they came bring back.

I would like to see a no frills performance car. Get rid of all the gee whiz and make it run.

Even a cheap commuter car of the same type would be good, with 60+ mpg.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts