TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are me options on replacing my seats??? my stockers are very uncomfortable for my back... when ever i get out of my car my back is always hurting... i want the power adjustable seats... i DO have a set of ricaro racing seats but those arnt power adjustable... i need something with bigger sides.... to "hug" my back better instead of sloshing all over around turns...

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Look up Super Coupe seats, I think those will solve all your issues. Best thing is they are a direct bolt in, I know I love them.

-Miller

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Agreed, SC seats are the way to go.

-Joel

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
does anybody make replacement foam for the bottom or am i going to have to have something custom made to replace mine? they were pretty will shot to begin with then we added more foam and that didn't last for very long

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
also look at 96=97 cougars as well the back rests on the them had a built in non adjustable bolster

·
Registered
410 Posts
yeah I snagged a whole set of seats out of a 1995 cougar for $50 .....gotta love the lumbar....If anyone has blue interior I have a set of all leather cougar seats

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
XR7-4.6 said:
^^^the 94/95 cougar seats had that too, as well as adjustable lumbar;)
they are not as pronouced on the 94-95 as they are on the 96-97

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,907 Posts
Agreed. There seems to be a difference though. The seats in my 92 are the leather/tweed split, and don't seem to be as padded. The seats I have in my 95 are out of an 89 that were originally all leather which I had recovered, and they seem to have a lot more padding to them. Did the leather seats tend to have more padding in them...anyone know?

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
All I can tell you is that after 3+ years driving my '89 Cougar with cloth seats I was having hip joint pain and in the end having a hard time even walking up stairs! I couldn't sit for literally 5 seconds in that car without shifting around and the pain was getting unbearable. I didn't know what the hell was going on and finally ready to break down and go see the Doc.

Sold it and went to my '97 XR7 (for other reasons) with leather seats in it and within a few weeks viola all my hip problems are gone!

Never would of thought it was all due to the seats in my car. They didn't seem uncomfy but over time they sure as hell took their toll on my body!

The '89 seats seemed to be in good condition and like I said they even seemed comfortable. The '97s look pretty much the same aside from the fact they are leather yet it's night and day sitting in them. That was over 3 years ago and I'm still fine driving the '97. I bound up stairs two at a time like I was a kid again. Never felt better! Well hip-wise anyway. lol

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I'm going to pick up my SC leather seats this weekend. We'll see how they feel.

The cloth LX seats I have are horrible. No lumbar whatsoever. If I ever got in an accident, I'd probably have severe whiplash because the headrests in these seats are complete crap.

Are the backs on the SC seats higher, so I won't break my neck if I got in an accident?

·
Administrator
14,226 Posts
JeffTBird93 said:
Did the leather seats tend to have more padding in them...anyone know?
From way back when we did the replacement seat covers, the early SC's did indeed have more padding and bigger bolsters than the later SC's.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I don't know if this is helpful, but MOST ford car seats from about 1992 (I am guessing here) up to about 2003 or so will fit but you will have to unblot the seat bottom from the tracks. It's 4 bolts for the bottom and 2 each side for the backs. How do I know this? It's simple. When I had to fix the air line for the lumbar in my 95 cat, I had the cushions off the back of the seat and noticed a sticker on the frame of the seat that said 1992-1995 Taurus SHO Mocha. So I went to the local salvage yard and took a seat out of a 98 CVPI, 01 Ranger w a center console, and the driver's seat out of a 94 bird. After taking the tracks off the bird seat, I was able to mount the cv and ranger seat in the bird with the bird seat tracks. It' s idea that opens up a bunch of possibilities
Just remember it won't work if the donor has bench or 60/40 split seats

Joe

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,907 Posts
rayner601 said:
It's 4 bolts for the bottom and 2 each side for the backs. How do I know this? It's simple.
I think you're a little mistaken. The backs only have 1 bolt that hold them down...the one on the "outer" side of the seat. The "inner" side (towards the center console) has a metal hook-type thing that holds it in place.

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,907 Posts
I think they may have the wrong sticker on your Cougar seats too. SHO seats don't tip forward like ours do...and I can't picture in my head how you'd bolt an SHO back on a MN12 bottom...

·
Hittin' Switches
1,484 Posts
i love the tbird seats, theyre perfect for me just about. mine are factory seats, just recoverd and no headrests and all, i love it.

·
Registered
811 Posts
IMO, Mark VIII seats are the way to go. Once you get past the electical issues they are great!

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
musto said:
i love the tbird seats, theyre perfect for me just about. mine are factory seats, just recoverd and no headrests and all, i love it.
I think the LX ones are perfect for me. Wish I had leather sometimes. But Im a pretty small guy (5'10" 145) and I fit great between the bolsters on these. I do really like the SC's as well, its great how you can move the bolsters in.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts