TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is in the immediate future for your car? Mods and/or repairs?

In the next two weeks I am getting 2 new tires, new trans filter, a bath, and hunting for spindles.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I just replaced my pan and filter (97 spec). I also just received my Mustang bolt pattern conversion kit so my mystery wheels will be on soon!

My hood also is undergoing a metamorphosis... as is my engine bay. I am replacing the faulty intake gaskets and have another surpise in store. All of this within a couple of days... Too bad I don't have access to a digital camera while I am in Sacramento.

PJ

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
Well if I get a security job that I'm hoping for I'll have my dents removed (2 accidents) and get the mach 1 hood and gfx painted and put on. And in the summer I'm getting either a vortech, or a 3000 stall converter. things I'll be getting very soon are a chrome CAI for my LMAF and a chip from Apten for 30# injectors.
-Thomas

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
repairs - fix fuel gauge, work on paint chips some more, run seafoam thru motor (not really a repair)
mods - shift kit, cooler and merc v, 8.8 TL pumpkin w/ alum case and 3.73s, stronger half shafts, fab up a plexiglass heatshield, maybe repaint the calipers, may gut the cats

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
finally get my built 4R70W in place just in time for snow, and tweek on the vortech a little bit. :D

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
LOL... for the future... not screw with it for a while and hope it remains the flawless car its been for the last two years............

·
Registered
493 Posts
plugs, wires, dizzy cap.
jmod when I have some spare money, same with an apten performance flipchip

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Vortech P1-SC, Drag radials, PnP renegade stage2 heads, Comp-Cams, 4.6->5.0 Stroker kit w/ all forged internals (cobra Block & crank), mark8 oil pan/pick-up tube, and cobra oil pump. If it dont go a 12.XX I will be pissed.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Are you TRYING to make us feel bad?
Damn 4.6ers..
My 3.8's got... uh... HA! it's lighter! I got SOMETHIN' on your 4.6!

·
8,978 Posts
Hey CobraR can I borrow some cash? I swear I'm good for it. You can afford it come on, you'd only have to hold off on one of those expensive things for a while. :D
-Thomas

·
Registered
493 Posts
Yeah, I could really use a new EGR valve :p

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
hey, i dont exactly know where I am going to get the cash for all this yet myself. but I always seem to pull through. As it stands, i got one frined that owes me $150, and another owes me $70....So I need to get that.

·
8,978 Posts
so that right there takes care of 1/100 the amount you need. you're well on your way haha.
-Thomas

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Yeah that would get me my tires I need. Sweet...time for some a$$ whooping tomorrow

·
8,978 Posts
Gotta love loan sharks hehe.
-Thomas

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Yeah...I'm not even charging any interest, and the one kid has owed me since senior year of HS. Thats like 4 years ago, I need to get on his A$$

·
Registered
493 Posts
I just noticed I'm a third gear poster now. Great, so what happens after 4? I'm outta gears!

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,671 Posts
I was going to post last night and didn't.. then was going to post this afternoon and didn't. So here I am! Typing up some words.. Anyway, enough rambling - keep in mind, I'm sorta in the process of all this. So haven't driven my 'Bird for a few weeks. Due to my own personal time, and time it's taken to do this, and the temps. They have fallen into the 30's and 40's this last week.

Mods: Exhaust and intake work really. Oh, and finally upgraded to full gauges - something I've been meaning to do for quite some time. Also did a complete SC rear end swap - rear disc conversion, SC halfshafts, and the 8.8" rear end with TL 3.27's.

Maintenance: All new fluids - coolant, oil change, tranny fluid, rear end oil, etc.. New plugs, new fuel pump.

Somewhat near future - I'm thinking Eibach's & Bilsteins over the winter or early spring. Also planning for MAF & TB upgrade, but I have to wait and see how the money flows. That's all I can really think of for right now.

-Andy "Melon"

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am making progress with no job! w00t! Just boought the third tire, and replaced my heater hose. Also have a windshield repair kit, and the kit to reattach my rear view mirror. Life is the joy :thumbsup:

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'd say in about 1 month (after I've paid off more than half of my credit car bills, I am torn between getting new brakes (about 800 bucks - KVR) and increasing performance (new exhaust system and a new alternator)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts