TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys...just thought i'd drop a little teaser...this is soon to be on my 97 v8 bird...with luck it should be ready to test fire in another week or two...heres pics of the wastegate and turbo...enjoy :cool:

:cool:

edit--had to fix my pic host stuff

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
hey guys...a couple buddies told me that it looked like bull**** since i didnt show any mounted shots...so i painted out some areas that clue in to where its mounted just to show that i do really have it... :cool:

:cool:

edit--stupid pics got broken...hadda fix em

·
Registered
515 Posts
Looks good! What hp numbers are you going to be hoping for, what kind of turbo are you using, and how much would somthing like this cost? Keep us updated, were interested!

Will

·
Registered
620 Posts
Good luck man, hope all goes well. However, mounting it under the rear bumper kinda seems like an exercise in futility to me. Make sure and get some dyno runs for us.:D

·
Registered
975 Posts
Wow. Won't this be the first turbocharged V-8 MN-12?

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
It's also way in the back so it needs to be smaller due to loss of pressure.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hey guys...the filter will probly be moved some off the turbo and up above a little...it will have one of the k&n filter sock things over it even too...the turbine is smaller than it would have to be up front because the exhaust is cooler and less dense back at the back...the combo should be good to 250-280rwhp on stock engine with 5lbs or so boost...

·
TCCoA Bachelor Club Pres.
1,267 Posts
That sounds like a nice bit of get up and go, how much is the whole thing settin you back right now?

·
Registered
817 Posts
hey that little thing looks familiar................

and say hello to turbo lag. that thing isnt gonna put out enough to even make it effective for your application. youll be lucky to make 8 lbs to redline before it putters out.

welcome to the turbo world though. i was pondering putting the turbo from the eclipse onto the tbird, hacking a shorty header and mounting the turbo to that, but then having to run the ****load of pipes and prolly do some serious fabbing. maybe when im a master mechanic after school is up.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts