CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
What offset? Thats gonna look mean!

-Joel

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, it's lowered with Eibachs. Sits pretty low. I've got the rear air bags though, and will be rolling my fenders when it's all apart. After seeing R8D-XXX's thread with the sizes he's running, I think I should be ok with these.

All I'm waiting on now is hub nuts and the front tires, which should be here by the end of the week. The rear tires are mounted now, and they look huge...heavy too.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Yeah, it's lowered with Eibachs. Sits pretty low. I've got the rear air bags though, and will be rolling my fenders when it's all apart. After seeing R8D-XXX's thread with the sizes he's running, I think I should be ok with these.

All I'm waiting on now is hub nuts and the front tires, which should be here by the end of the week. The rear tires are mounted now, and they look huge...heavy too.
yeah you will be fine with that combo. my wheels are the 36/45 offset combo vs your 30/40. Your wheels will barely stick out more than mine but not enough to even notice. The 5MM difference only equals to about 5/32 which isn't much.

Don't worry about your rear sway bar either. Again, my wheels are tucked in just a little bit more than your + I'm running a 285/40 and I still have probably 3/4" clearance between my wheel and rear sway bar.

Can't wait to see it!!

·
Registered
433 Posts
I'm giddy like a school-girl. I've been thinking of a similar setup. I can't wait to see it.

·
Super Moderator
12,434 Posts
Yea, 275's look great on these cars. I love them on my 9" rims (No need to roll the fender). I bet they look great on 10" rims.

Can't wait to see your pictures.

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Teaser shots!

I couldn't get my camera to get good shot this late. Plus the car's dirty and it's supposed to rain the next few days so I haven't cleaned it yet.

They're a little wider than I was figuring but the look is great. The fronts and rears are pretty much exactly even with the fenders...gives it a very aggressive stance.

The only issues I found...

The rear center caps don't fit cuz of the stub shaft on the half shaft sticks out about a 1/4" too far. Guess I'll try to find some domed caps.

After getting the wheels on and bolted down, there was a dragging sound. Found out this was the brake caliper bracket (the part that goes in front of the rotor). The hub mating surface of the wheel is bigger in diameter, which caused it to drag slightly on the bracket. I took a grinder and took off just enough to let the wheels clear with a little space.

·
Registered
917 Posts
dont change the center caps what most of the IRS Cobra guys do is take a grinder to the stub shaft

1 - 20 of 30 Posts