TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would hope this isn't a hoax considering it is on a legitimate .mil site.

http://www.eielson.af.mil/news/story.asp?storyID=123111092

So while people may hate his politics, if this is true, I really think we should respect him for being a decent human being that has a HUGE amount of responsibility on his shoulders.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
I would hope this isn't a hoax considering it is on a legitimate .mil site.

http://www.eielson.af.mil/news/story.asp?storyID=123111092

So while people may hate his politics, if this is true, I really think we should respect him for being a decent human being that has a HUGE amount of responsibility on his shoulders.

i highly doubt its a hoax, in fact i would back his credibility. he used to be my squadron commander at pope and i was deployed with him to afghanistan in 2005

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
And not only does W deserve some respect for doing it, the staffer behind the whole setup should get some props too. Not saying Bush didn't initiate the plan/idea but you can bet 3 or 4 or more someones are working their butts off so that he knows where these parents are along his route.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
I don't care for Bush but I've often thought that our next president will have us all wanting George W. Bush back.

I think perhaps the Dubya for what he is worth, is fallible like the rest of us...the occasional fumbling of words in a speech, the goofy grin, etc. Way too often I see many of our politicians try to look and act a little too high and mighty. He just acts normal, not always the sharpest knife in the drawer, but he's just some dude from texas.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Reports like that truely do show the human side of someone. I'm sure there are many more instances that go unnoticed (not just from the President). It's good to see.

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
Thanks Don for posting that. Truly inspirational.

Joe, from what I've heard from people who've spent time with him off camera, he's very well spoken, very sincere, very intelligent. But when he's on camera, he gets a bit tongue tied and doesn't speak with the caliber of some others. But don't let that fool you about the caliber of the man. I haven't agreed with all of his decisions and stances, but I have the utmost respect for the MAN.

While we're talking, can anybody imagine reading something like that about Obama? It'd never happen.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Ya know, I always thought W was an idiot. Then I started getting into politics with this upcoming election, and through all my research and thought, I found that he's actually a fairly stand-up type of guy.

It's really too bad that I found this out so late, and that the media (and the Dems) continue to discredit him.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts