TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
8,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't had a chance to get to the dmv to ask questions, but thought someone on here might have some ideas.

I see alot of newer pickup trucks around here that have the "Commercial" license plate on them.

What is the pros and cons to such a plate?

I will drive the truck for business most of the time, but also it will be a daily driver, but I won't be hauling alot in it.

Do you get cheaper insurance rates or something with the commercial plate?

The only thing that would be negative is that alot of non-toll roads around here are clearly marked "no commercial vehicles", and I drive them all the time to avoid the tolls.

Anybody have ideas?

Thanks,
JH

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
when i had my tbird, i had commercial plates on it. it was titled and insured by parents company when i had it. this made it cheaper for me to be insured at my parents company and drive the company vehicles (i worked summer and school breaks for them and it involved a lot of driving). i knew i could in a lot of areas where other cars werent allowed to park in downtown detroit. also a lot of the streets in my old town were no commercial vehicle streets and i got pulled over there but not for that and they didnt hassle me about it either. -greg

1 - 2 of 2 Posts