TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
If youre still using those 94 heads youre going to need to find a set of 96 up heads to use with those pi cams. Once I got those heads I did install the comp springs. They sould keep better control of your valve train as rpms increase. Youll also need the 96 up spring retainers, the early ones are too wide. If you dont want to do a head swap id find a set of comps low lift cams. I already had my motor out so it made no difference what heads I used.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not planning to use them on the 94 heads. That engine has and continues to serve me well even with 204,000 miles but it is getting tired and will be replaced this winter.

I am putting together a new engine with later model heads that have the PI cams already installed but I am considering some Comp springs to go with them. Have you driven the car with your comp springs installed? Did you noticeand difference in them over the stock ones?

Thanks

Tony

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
I wouldn't. Since it is production cams, they don't have an agressive enough ramp rate to need more spring. Having excessive spring pressure is just more horsepower lost.

·
Registered
368 Posts
TMcColl said:
I am not planning to use them on the 94 heads. That engine has and continues to serve me well even with 204,000 miles but it is getting tired and will be replaced this winter.

I am putting together a new engine with later model heads that have the PI cams already installed but I am considering some Comp springs to go with them. Have you driven the car with your comp springs installed? Did you noticeand difference in them over the stock ones?

Thanks

Tony
No I havent driven the car yet. I should be getting the motor screwed back together this weekend, so soon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts