TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about getting a set of LE stripes from Shane to put on the Cougar to cover up that crappy chrome stuff. Now . . . here's my dilema:
How close do those match up with the cougar trim, Here's some pics to compare/contrast them:

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
There is NO difference other than the "Limited Edition" text, which Shane can take care of when you order them.

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was looking at options to cover up this crap chrome looking stuff that ford put on the trim. I don't think it's a simple decal. So I was thinking about ordering those stripes in a grayish/silverish or black (probably wouldn't look right) color to cover it up until I can paint them (which is going to be a while from now)

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
i personally like the way it looks now, u have a beautiful car, and keep in mind u still have the chrome on the taillights to deal with even after u cover the rest.....my opinion, keep it that way.

·
Raoul Duke
1,747 Posts
The chrome on the taillights can easily be removed.

The chrome trim on these cars is strange stuff, but I think I've figured it out.
There's a chrome/foil layer over plastic in the trim, then there's a clear plastic cover over top of that.
By the way, I'll photoshop that picture next week (when I have enough free time to do it right).

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cougarcragar said:
The chrome on the taillights can easily be removed.

The chrome trim on these cars is strange stuff, but I think I've figured it out.
There's a chrome/foil layer over plastic in the trim, then there's a clear plastic cover over top of that.
By the way, I'll photoshop that picture next week (when I have enough free time to do it right).
Awesome. I'm anxiously awaiting :D (no real rush though) That chrome stuff kinda puzzled me too. I guess I kinda know now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts