TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2000 Mustang torque converter. I did a search and found the part numbers for the following:

F6AZ-6441-AA
flexplate to TC nuts (4)

F1AZ-6379-A
flexplate to crank bolts (6)

1. Other than the flexplate (F3LY-6375-A) is this everything I need to install the new TC? Do I need any additional washers or nuts for the flexplate?

2. Where can you find the flexplate to TC nuts? All the websites I have gone to don't recognize the part number.

3. Where is the cheapest flexplate? The lowest I can find is $57, but people have posted before they paid $30.

I am going to have a shop do the install and want to have everything needed.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
For the nuts, call Dan Newman, he also has the flexplate, but it's 53.00, like you said, I don't know where they are coming up with 30.00 flexplates. You might also want to get the Mercon V to take to the shop, because if you don't, they'll more than likely put Mercon III in it, I know Mercon V is pretty scarce around here, you can only get it at Advance or the Ford Dealer. Other than that, you have everything you need, and it's actually a pretty easy install.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I paided $10.00 for my flexplate from a dealer on ebay brand new.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Chad N. said:
I just bought a 2000 Mustang torque converter. I did a search and found the part numbers for the following:

F6AZ-6441-AA
flexplate to TC nuts (4)

F1AZ-6379-A
flexplate to crank bolts (6)
I just bought a 01 torque converter. I have the flexplate. But i didnt know anything about the nuts and bolts. I have a 97 bird....do i need to call dan back up and order these? Rich do you know? since you did this not to long ago, do i need these parts or can they be taken off of my tbird? this might push back the install date if so.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
97mn-12 said:
But i didnt know anything about the nuts and bolts. I have a 97 bird....do i need to call dan back up and order these?.........do i need these parts or can they be taken off of my tbird?
Now that you said that I am wondering the same thing. Shouldn't we be able to use the stock bolts and nuts? Anybody that has already done the swap know?

bill_s, do you have a part # for the pump seal?

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
well.. my nuts (from the torque converter smart asses) were all scuffed from them trying to break them after so many miles and years of not budging..

first thing they said when they saw the little baggy was AWESOME.. new nuts! you DON"T wanna re-use these...

JD

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Go ahead and get a new rear main seal and freeze plugs...i had mine replaced when my trans went in. Im with Rich, my flexplate was 50$...whoever is getting these things dirt cheap....if gettin da hook up.

joseph

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
my reman TC cost me $90 on ebay... $50 for converter 40 for shipping..

word

flexplate cost $40 or 50 something from max.. don't remember

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
I'd definately use get new TC nuts. I stripped one on Wes's car, and had to grind it off. They are very soft, and are only supposed to be torqued to around 35 ft lbs or so, but they are much tighter than that from the factory. It took Kenneth's big self holding the breaker bar on the balancer, and me giving it everything I had to get them to break loose, and one just wouldn't budge and rounded off. Cut it off and no problems after that, but you can reuse the flexplate to crank bolts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts