TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Resident drifter
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I already know the answer to this, but other than hoods, are there any other fiberglass body panels for our cars? Decklids, fenders, doors, anything? And im positive there is no carbon fiber. These would be great for lightness purposes. I just figured I'd ask because sometimes the stuff people find is surprising.

·
Registered
744 Posts
there was company that made pro-stock drag parts in the f-glass, but there mainly race piece, and really wouldn't look right on a car other wise

there was a guy over at sccoa.com that was making composite doors at one point, i'm not sure if they're still being made

VFN makes 96/97 hoods in stock form, and a smooth cowl....they are offered in f-glass, but iirc if you ask them i think they could do Cf for you

due to our bodies, the only other pieces you could have made other then hood & doors would be the trunk lid & the front quater panels...which if you could do the work, or found somebody, it really shouldn't be that hard to pull off as they're not really that complex of a shape; deffiantly would not be cheap

1 - 5 of 5 Posts