TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sure a few of you have done this so i am getting a tune from scp and he needs my computer code. He told me its behind the kick panel on passengers side. How do i get to it without breaking nothing?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Im sure a few of you have done this so i am getting a tune from scp and he needs my computer code. He told me its behind the kick panel on passengers side. How do i get to it without breaking nothing?
You should have a label on the passenger side fender just under the hood and that is the code to you EEC. If it’s not there then you’d you will have to remove your computer. It is no the passenger side of the kick panel. It’s best to remove your glove box and you should be able to see a green 7mm screw on the mounting bracket, you will need to remove that and the 60 pin plug using a 10mm. Be careful and pull the bracket you removed the screw from away from EEC and start to wiggle the EEC downwards at an angle towards the front of the car. It should slid out. Some are easier then others. I would also recommend a Moates.net Quarter Horse. You can do everything you need with a Quarter Horse.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So just got in there enough to see the numbers on the computer none of it matches what was on the fender that i can see unless i used the wrong number. The one i it says on there is npl2. This means i need to send the chip back right for a retune or?

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
I'm not surprised your car has had the computer replaced. They tend to go bad on our cars. To the point that I have thought of keeping a spare in the trunk.
From my experience catch code really doesn't make much, if any difference. I got a chip burned for my Cougars original MBE3 (iirc), and after a few months the engine computer took a ****. I tried two different catch codes, NPL2, and MBE2, they both worked fine but had blow O2 heater circuits. I eventually bought a rebuild computer that doesn't even have a catch code on it and it also works great.

·
Super Moderator
9,250 Posts
The catch code is the factory tune. What tuners really need to know is the strategy that's running on the hardware, which is the program that uses the values and tables in the tune to run the whole show.

As long as the chip was burned for the proper strategy it will work fine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts