TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed SpeedFan the other day, and it says I'm running between 124 and 128 degrees. I've increased fan speed a few hundred RPM until it's almost audible, but not. Is this a good temp or should I bump it up a little more? BTW, it's just an HP 511w with the stock fan.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
FastBird232 said:
Intel Celeron 1200 mHz.
Somewhere around 51* Centigrade.

Found this list of MAX temps for an array of processors..... Here
Here Too

·
8,239 Posts
ITT-BIRD said:
Found this list of MAX temps for an array of processors..... Here
Here Too
Yep thats right, intel lists the temperatures with the boxed processors, right in the manual.

Your temp is hot, but its fine, I wouldn't mess with it.

That hp probably uses a crummy case designed to be noise free, not cool.

I'm shocked that you can change the rpm speeds of an oem computer like that, no way you can do that with a dell.

If you want to mess with it, just yank the fan off and clean it up with pressurized air really good, blow out the entire case.

I wouldn't mess with that computer and buy fans for it, its not necessarily and that 1.2ghz celeron is getting old really really fast.

·
Administrator
14,211 Posts
JustinH said:
I wouldn't mess with that computer and buy fans for it, its not necessarily and that 1.2ghz celeron is getting old really really fast.
Yeah yeah, so's slapping a vortech on a car that's almost a decade old (or buying one that someone did that to ;) ). Don't kill the mod spirit man! :D

·
8,239 Posts
haha, i build custom computers, and i own two dells. What does that say?

You can mod your 486 also but whats the point?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Naw, I'm not interested in modding it. Just fiddling with what I've got. I'll be interested in what NMU gives me next semester for a laptop, though. They get better every year, and last year they were the Think Pad R51s.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts