TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm very into drawing and recently came up with the idea to draw a tbird the way I think it should be. So here it is. And a few other things too just for fun.

I have a few more things too, once I get them scanned I'll post them.

-Thomas

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Very Nice! If you can draw good try to draw some front bumper designs for a 94-95 Bird. I plan on making a custom front air dam this summer and don't even have a design in mind yet.

·
Registered
58 Posts
nice...2nd pic is kinda ricey....and the 3rd pic...the headlights look like protege lights

drawing is excellent tho

·
Premium Member
8,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry one of the above pics is kind of ricey lol. It was my first crack at drawing a bird so I think I've improved a bit. Here are a few more things.

-Thomas

·
Premium Member
8,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll see what I can come up with for a 94-95 front bumper. Gimmie a day maybe.
-Thomas

·
Registered
552 Posts
He's good, really good!

·
Premium Member
8,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I tried to go with smoething not done before. The line that comes down in the middle of the bumper I think kind of accents the ridge that goes up the middle of the hood. And the curving design of it onthe sides I think kind of accents the above scoops on tha factory part. This is only one design, I'll try and come up with a few more soon. Tell me what you think.

-Thomas

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
Thomas...you're good man. Honestly, you're real good. Keep it up! Design school in your future I hope...

you artists never cease to amaze me....my girlfriend is an artist...and she blows my mind with some of the stuff she draws....

I can barely draw a straight line....even with a ruler! :rofl:
wait.. :(
that's what I meant.. :(

·
Premium Member
8,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually I'll be graduating highschool in two weeks and heading off to college for criminal justice and mechanics (not sure what yet) Design would be a hard job to really get into unfortunately. If I had a scholarship or something from a real art school things might be different.
-Thomas

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
Thomas said:
Actually I'll be graduating highschool in two weeks and heading off to college for criminal justice and mechanics (not sure what yet) Design would be a hard job to really get into unfortunately. If I had a scholarship or something from a real art school things might be different.
-Thomas
Ah, well, keep it up nonetheless....you never know what could happen. :)

My brother got a criminal justice degree when he was in school. Good luck with that as well.

Mechanics? You mean Mechanical Engineering? Or auto mechanics (technical/vocational style)? or what?

Job market for astrophysicists isn't exactly large either... :(
Keep those drawings coming... they're awesome!

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Wow!!
I kind of like the first one.

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
I like the first one alot too, could do without the 23" wheels, but oh well.

After that they start to head for riceville, or Lamborghiniville...:D

·
Premium Member
8,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okay, I really like this bumper. I kind of took the side ones from the factory scoops and the middle one from the center scoop below the hood. That way it all flows well together. Plus I added some rims, looks better...even if they are 23's! That's the way of a car designer I guess. I just redesigned the bumper and pasted it onto the car because redoing the entire car would take waaay too long. The rims are what take the longest.

-Thomas

·
Premium Member
8,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah I know they aren't done yet, there's a process to makingfront bumpers: 1 - finding the center. 2 - finding the curve. 3 - making it all work together. I'm only in the first step in those unfinished cars. I think they're hideous right now also lol
-Thomas

·
Registered
809 Posts
Dude, you have talent !!

·
Registered
1,924 Posts

I like this idea. There is just something missing. I can't really put my finger on it though. (No I'm not talking about the rims) See if you can get different angles and make it proportional to real life. I think that this if the design I'm going to try and make. Now, where do I even start.

·
Registered
668 Posts

Yo you have mad talent. Wow. I am impressed. I love those wheels.

Ever thought of submitting them to a wheel company and seeing if they would want to make them......heck they might give you a free set for coming up with the design.

Well keep up the good work.

:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 58 Posts