TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just put my clear corners on my car on friday and last night i noticed some condensation in one of them and today there was more. what can cause this? i used a blow dryer to dry it out for now but i was wondering if anyone else had this problem and if u did, how did u correct it. I got them from procarparts.com and they are the 96-97 style. thanks for all replys.

Frank

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
you put them on at night, when moisture was condensing on everything. then during the day, it dissapated, and when it got cold, it condensed on the lens.

if it happens again, then you've got a problem, other wise forget it.

·
Registered
801 Posts
try opening a small lil hole....

thru the bottom so the lights can have sort of like a breather, thats what i did to my 94-95's and i have no condensation.

Marvin M.

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts
NOOOOOO DONT CUT ANY HOLES IN THE LENSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if greenbird is right about when you installed the lenses, then i would holdoff and see about the condesation.. but if becomes a repeat condensator...

first off dry out the lens and the harness.... i found that the wire harnesses that goes into the lenses can get moisture through them, your best bet is to tape up the harness from the plastic back with electrical tape... if you look at the back of the plastic harness you can kinda see how water could get in there... this is what was happening on my corner lens, i never had any problem again... putting a hole in the lens is just going to allow moisture to get into there... dont cut any holes...especially if you live the new england area... yeesh...

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i put them on at around 5:00 p.m. so it was just getting dark. i'll have to wait and see. weird thing is it was only in one of them. thanks guys.

Frankl

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
VicRattlehead said:
there are already "vents" in them, look on the back there is a rubber elbow that faces downward thats the vent.
i took those rubber elbow things off, was i not supposed to?

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
you took the rubber elbows off of the brand new corner lenses?:2huh: :2huh: WHY?????:bangwall: :zbash: :zbash: go put them back on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts