TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m surprised nobody has posted this up! If it’s been posted and I missed it, please merge or delete this thread. Huge congratulations to Darrin of BC-Automotive and Alan of DirtyDog Performance for some great ink in the January 2007 edition (page 160) of MM&FF. The article dealt with a 5-speed to 4R70W swap in a 2001 Bullitt Mustang as well as custom torque converter and transmission oil cooler installation. From all indications, the owner of the car is extremely pleased (he ran a 10.17 @ 134.27 as of yesterday)! If I had a scanner, I would post up the article.

It’s no secret I run a BC-Automotive 4R70W and converter in my car, but I too am impressed with not only the great products, but more importantly, the customer service. I don’t think I need to remind anyone of how important that piece of the pie is, but Darrin and Alan really do take care of their customers. They offer excellent advice concerning your particular setup whether it is street or strip. I realize this is primarily a Thunderbird and Cougar site, but let’s give credit to a couple of super members on this site. If you are contemplating a replacement 4R70W or converter, or want to upgrade from your stock 4R70W and converter…Darrin and Alan are the “A” ticket.

Congrats again Darrin and Alan!

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Thanks, I wasn't aware it hit the shelfs yet and the editor asked us to keep it quiet until the magazine was released. If you check modular depots site there are a few threads about it. That car seems to be getting faster every time he takes it out. There are alot of changes in the works some of which some of the people here know about others that nobody does. Darrin is preparing for a move into a larger facility near him and I am awaiting delivery of everything I need to once again build converters myself. I am expecting production ability by the end of this year.
For those of you who have been to my shop you won't believe the changes. I am framing in the office and building a small machining and bonding room. One of the lofts is complete and all of the unneeded junk is gone. In a strange way I couldn't understand the lord has blessed me with the things I need to make this happen. I hope he continues to bless me through the coming years and I feel confident at last all of my hard work will be paying off. Not so much monetarily but in the ability to work for myself doing what I love and remain close to my family.
I have a partner in this who I feel will be a great guy to work with and definately is doing his part to make it happen. My wife has been very supportive and I have amazingly found all the deals to get this together right within my reach. I intend to run the best group purchase I have ever run as soon as I have everything in place.
Alan

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I didn't know that issue hit the shelves yet. I'll have to go out and get it!

Congrats again Alan and Darrin

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I get it via subscription...it usually gets to me long before it hits the shelves for some reason.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
yeah i saw one of them guys said keep our eyes peeled...i thought maybe one of their cars would be in there...but either way congrats to both of you..

·
Registered
433 Posts
I got my issue yesterday. It's always pretty cool to read about t-birds, or people that we know from these forums. Good job to both of you, and congratulations. :)

dirtyd0g said:
I intend to run the best group purchase I have ever run as soon as I have everything in place.
Alan
... I'll be saving.

·
Street Freekz
754 Posts
Congrats to you both Darrin & Alan!!

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Awsome and congratulations to two super guys. . . . .couldn't happen to better people.

Thanks to both of you. . . .

Kenneth

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Very Cool! Congrats to 2 well deserving guys. I guess I would not recognize Alan's shop by the description - got heat?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Great job guys!

It is wonderful to be recognized for your value to the hobby and the sport.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Many congrats, right now my bird is slingshottin' and chirpin' hard on the 2-3 thanks to Darrin, he really knows how to build a good 4R70W!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
dirtyd0g said:
I intend to run the best group purchase I have ever run as soon as I have everything in place.
Alan
have any idea on around what time that will be? my new motor should be going in around march...and a fatter stall would be nice to go with it.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
how many converters do you plan to build...i wont be back until march at least from boot camp...and thats when im gonna get my motor.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts