TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an electronic Air-fuel mixture gauge that I have to hook up to my 94 thunderbird...I was woundering if anyone knows where the O2 sensor wire goes into the cumputer...or if any one has hooked up this type of gauge before and could give me some advise...
Thanks for reading and responding

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
That will do you almost no good. It'll either show lean when idle and cruising or rich at higher throttle positions. If you want to watch it get an EGT gauge.

And unless you have a power adder or on on the ragged edge NA, you would have little use for either gauge (other than trouble shooting).

I would advise you to get a transmission temp gauge instead.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks alot, and I allready have a trans temp gauge...and the fuel pressure gauge costed $250. so I setteled for what I got

·
Registered
104 Posts
i put a air fuel ratio gauge in mine and i like the flashy lights!!!!!!looks cool! but yes it does run lean until im under a load then shows stoich! witch means ideal!

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
actually it should run fully rich under full throttle.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Well, an a/f ratio gauge would tell you if there isn't enough fuel at WOT throttle. I've seen friends that have those gauges run lean on WOT, but they have a fuel pressure regulator and kinda need the gauge to adjust the fuel.

If it don't run, don't drive it,

Clay

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm still looking for a way to tap the wire going from the o2....It is really up there and hard to access...does anyone know where the wire feeds to , so that it will be easier to acess?? I'm have difficulty.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
where he says to tap the wire, is unessable to me...it is really up there, hard to get to

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
okay then trace the wire he talks about to the passenger side wiring harness behind the shock tower along the firewall. It's the biggest wiring harness there. You may need to cut back the wire looming a bit to see the real color of the wire since it fades over time, but you should see it there. That's how I did mine.
-Thomas

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
sprchrgd1 said:
nope it runs stoich (ideal)_ cuz i have a a/i kit
under WOT, 13:1 ratio will give you more power.

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
anyone know where i can get an article for the tranny temp gauge install

·
Registered
104 Posts
i have my a/f ratio hooked up to my drivers side o2 its preety easy to access and i used the wire after the harness that comes from the actual o2 the o2 has a protectivesheet over it witch makes it hard to tap into!
hope this helps!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts