TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was replacing my O2 sensor and in the process i found another connection that seems to be disconnected somewhere. I looked in the viscinity and cant find where it would connect.

Here is a pic of the harness.

Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6 V8

Thx

·
Registered
633 Posts
Does the green end have 3 or 4 wires going into it? I can't tell from the pic, but that shorter wire doesnt look like it would actually plug into anything. There is some wound tape near it, I think that sensor might be shot.

If you are replacing them, do the new ones have the same setup?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
When I swapped heads I noticed that also. I don't remember pulling it from anywhere and the O2 sensor was hooked up when I found it. I don't think you would need to worry about it.

Joe

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
that one wire plug u are referring to goes to the coolant temp for sender for automaic temperatrue control if it has that option i know my 95 cougar does not have but my 95 bird does go figure

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
RobertP said:
that one wire plug u are referring to goes to the coolant temp for sender for automaic temperatrue control if it has that option i know my 95 cougar does not have but my 95 bird does go figure
Yep. That's the one. My '95 had the wire, and the '96 harness I put in had it too, so since I don't have SATC, I used that wire coming throug the harness into the passenger compartment for my oil pressure gauge to keep the wire nice and hidden...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts