TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know what you all are thinking, and in the heat of the summer in Texas, I would be crazy to do this, but as is, I barely use it...fuel consumption issues, car runs hot, etc.

I figure, pick up the ac delete pulley, remove the condenser and all lines, is it just that simple? Heat would remain uneffected, right? I'm not against bypassing the heatercore and removing the whole HVAC system.from the dash, as I barely use the heat due to, for some reason, very low air output.

How much weight would I save ? Any power gains? Also, no ac condenser= more air to the radiator, right? Add an 03-04 cobra radiator and larger than currently present transmission cooler, I think the car would never again have summertime cooling issues...thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
16,990 Posts
I rarely use A/C in anything less than 90* and I regretted deleting it within a year. There's no power gain, no mpg gain(none you can't control now) weight loss is at best 60 lbs, mostly in the compressor and cores, and makes the car an instant hooptie when it's hot out.

If it's running hot without AC on you have other issues you need to address. You don't fix a tire vibration by deleting the tire do you?

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good point...the main issue I have with all of this, is low output from the vents...more so with heat than with AC. Full blast fan speed, lots of (normal) noise from inside the dash, yet barely blowing from vents, blend door is fine, and it is manual AC/Heat controls. Basically, I have to shut every vent on the dash except one to get any substantial air output

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Next time I pull my dash I am going to attempt to reseal all of the ducts and doors in the heater case with weatherstripping. My air output has been fairly weak as far as I can remember on this one and my old 94, even with a new motorcraft blower.

Are you missing the plastic stuff that goes underneath the 94-5 bumper? I was missing mine and even with a monster aluminum radiator, the temps didnt get much better, IIRC. This 96+ bumper cover must have better airflow characteristics or something. I still want to get the rubber stuff that goes between the motor and radiator as well, or at least make something to replicate it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts