TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Stroked and Blown
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys/gals. I've been having some issues with my air conditioner lately in the Contour. I first noticed a month ago that it was blowing warm air when I tryed using it on a hot day. I took it to the dealer where I bought it because its unde rwarrenty. They replaced the compresser. The ac worked for a few days and then I didnt use it for a while because it wasnt that hot out. I went to finally use it again and it was blowing out warm air. I took it back to the Ford dealer and they replaced some kind of leaking dring? (sp?) near the accumulator assembly. The air worked again for a day and the it started blowing out warm air again. I then took it back to the dealer for the 3rd time (this past monday actually) and they kept the car for 3 days (I got it back yesturday) They told me they found out the compresser they installed was a defected one, so they installed another compresser. This morning on the way to work, it felt really nice and cool. On my way home from work today, it still feels cool, but not as cold as an air conditioner should be. It's almost as if it lost the coolnest over 8.5 hours. I'm starting to think that Norris Ford is dicking around with me and I'm about to get a second opinion. Do any of you know what else this could be? I'd appreciate any help because the summer is here and it's been hot lately.

BTW- I don't like to post over at the Contour Boards because they seem to be real cocky over there, so I would rather ask you all. Thanks, Frank

·
Registered
291 Posts
Hey man sounds like they didn't purge the system before they recharged it. Common Dealer issue they did my Cougar that 3 times before I just ripped off the AC and went with a Steeda eliminator kit.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
sounds like they didnt properly diagnois the problem the first time and if you replace a compressor, your supposed to change the orfice and the accumulator/drier . thats what i bet tis the problem, and you may have other leaks in the system

1 - 4 of 4 Posts