TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get a daily. I'm leaning more towards the SVT since I have a Ford background, although I've heard of nightmares with the 24v V6 motors... those cars handle like they're on rails.

The Cobalt SS is another option, but it's a bit expensive... 19k for a 2005 unless I'm looking in the wrong places.

Any suggestions for a daily driver with some style?

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Contour SVT. But I am obvioulsy biased in that Vote. mine rocks.

·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
My vote goes to the SVT Contour! My buddy had one and it is a descent little car.

He did have to get the tranny rebuilt once, BUT he beat the living crap out of it. I drove it a few times. Not as quick as the Bird, but it was definatly peppy! Just hate the fact that it is FWD.

Also.... a Ford or a Chevy?? Common that should be simple!! haha

;)

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
the cobalt will run circles around the 'tour. i would get the cobalt with the limited slip diff and recaro options and yank the wing, run a pulley, open up the exhaust and get an aeroforcetech gauge :)

·
Super Moderator
7,558 Posts
Let me throw something out there for you to consider. FWD+Roots blower=ridiculous amounts of torque steer. The cobalt will definitely be faster, but those things are impossible to control when you stomp on the gas. The contour will probably be much nicer to drive.

Mike

·
Pimp in denial
998 Posts
my vote for the svt as well. biased opinion though :D i think just about anyone on this board who has/had one would say they are very fun cars.

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
shameless plug. lol,

i would prolly go with the cobalt as well.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Go with the svt. The wing is rediculous and it looks like a chick car.

·
$.25 poster
1,900 Posts
have you narrowed it down to only these two cars? Im just asking becuase there is so much in between the price range.

but, i would go with cobalt if i had to pick one of those 2.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I'd go with the SVT. I think the Cobalt is just plain ugly. Plus with the SVT you get the convenience of 4 doors if you need to haul some people around.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm heavily leaning toward the Cobalt. The warranty and styling really do it for me.

The reason I'm picking either of these is because I need something that gets decent gas mileage and looks good at the same time.

I went and looked at a few Cobalt SS/SCs over the weekend and haven't found one with the G85 perf package that has the locking differential. I think if I can find one with that option I'll pick it up.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts