TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody know what size wrench or socket is needed to loosen the lower rear control arm nut?

(the aluminum looking one with a plastic cap located closest to the fuel tank)

trying to install a brace.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think ita 40mm wrench, but im not sure. not sure if its metric at all, since ford mixed standard and metric fasteners.:confused:

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Nut?

Hi

It's not sae. I use like a 1 1/2" or so, But don't fit correctly.
Make sure you take the load off the lower arms when removing the bolt.
Don't cross thread. as it has a fine thread.

:wavey:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi

It's not sae. I use like a 1 1/2" or so, But don't fit correctly.
Make sure you take the load off the lower arms when removing the bolt.
Don't cross thread. as it has a fine thread.

then i think its going to be metric. i bought a large socket 3/4" drive rachet set and sockets jump from 39mm to 41mm and the 41 fits loosely, 39mm dont even fit. wht ta hell! ibought it to loosen that nut and the socket that i need its the one thats missing!:redmad:

·
Super Moderator
5,160 Posts
BACW. Big Azz Cresent Wrench.

RwP

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
1 5/8"

then i think its going to be metric. i bought a large socket 3/4" drive rachet set and sockets jump from 39mm to 41mm and the 41 fits loosely, 39mm dont even fit. wht ta hell! ibought it to loosen that nut and the socket that i need its the one thats missing!:redmad:
Yep same here. I use a 1 5/8" socket. socket is loose.
Used it last night. I needed to take off the drive shaft.

Paul

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Post many pics when done :D

I'm definitely picking one of these up if thats all there is to it
i installed it on my 95 tbird, but i took it off when i wreck it. had to elongate the holes and bent the tabs a little. and still have to tighten it hard so the tabs finish bending to the right angle, but it fits. i recommend you get the one made for the tbird. less hassle. i just went to the whole trouble of adapting it cause i got it for cheap. i'll post some pics when finished:D

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, anything to break the mn12 aftermarket monopoly is worth the effort for me:D plus I come across those braces alot locally.
ok, then you might be interested on the irs cobra diff aluminum bushings those are a bolt-on and you wouldn't have to worry about them going out and creating slop in the suspension.

here's a pic of them:
[/IMG]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts