TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me start by saying that I have done a search on this subject but the results were vast and I was unable to find any answers.
I'm thinking that I will put poly bushings (entire kit from MN12performance) in my front suspension since I have the motor and K-member out. I understand that the upper ball joint is not replaceable. (That is, I have to replace the entire upper control arm.) I do not want to buy a UCA without grease fittings. Does anyone have a vendor and a part number for UCA with grease fittings, or at least a UCA with a hole to install a grease fitting?
As far as the lower goes, I would like to buy the ball joints with grease fittings to put in my lowers, since I plan on taking the K-member and new bushings to a shop.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
SanDiegoLXBird said:
Moog makes uppers and lowers with zirc fits.
Okay, this is an example of why I get frustrated when doing searches. You say (and several others say) that Moog makes the control arms with grease fittings. The only place that I was able to find that carries Moog parts is O'reilly's. I had never heard of them before, so I was suprised to find that there is one not far from my route to/from work. So I stopped there today to see the part. Lo and behold the Moog parts that they carry are sealed with no fittings or places for fittings.
Is there someone out there who has bought the fabled upper and lower control arms with fittings? If so, would you please do me a favor and look on your receipt (if anyone has it) and tell me the part numbers and where you bought them?

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
tinman_72 said:

Okay, this is an example of why I get frustrated when doing searches. You say (and several others say) that Moog makes the control arms with grease fittings. The only place that I was able to find that carries Moog parts is O'reilly's. I had never heard of them before, so I was suprised to find that there is one not far from my route to/from work. So I stopped there today to see the part. Lo and behold the Moog parts that they carry are sealed with no fittings or places for fittings.
Is there someone out there who has bought the fabled upper and lower control arms with fittings? If so, would you please do me a favor and look on your receipt (if anyone has it) and tell me the part numbers and where you bought them?
the greasable uppers have a blue boot. It seems to be hit or miss when finding them. Someone posted the part number and pic a while back. Hate to tell you, but a search and a fine tooth comb will yield the result. I havent heard of the greasable lower, but Carquest makes the lower balljoint with a fitting and black rubber boot unlike the clear plastic boot which is prone to UV damage.

joseph

·
8,239 Posts
rockauto.com has the control arms. TRW/Moog/Motorcraft are all made by the same company and are the same part in different boxes.

There is a 5 percent coupon floating around here for rockauto.

JH

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by The Great Obucina
...It seems to be hit or miss when finding them...
So I should go ahead and order them and hope for the best? Seems like they would make them all the same.

...a search and a fine tooth comb will yield the result...
Darn it! I left my comb at work. I'll have to look tomorrow.:)

·
Sweet T
3,452 Posts
tinman_72 said:

Right.. The part numbers for the MOOG arms that have zirc fits have been posted before.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts