TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay guys I am fixing my upper control arms I ordered them from ford is there any difference from the autoparts store? Also what do I need to replace the lower front arms on both sides can you just buy the whole arm or do you just need the joints? By the way is there adifference in the drivers and passengers side in the UCAs thanks

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
veyito_169 said:
okay guys I am fixing my upper control arms I ordered them from ford is there any difference from the autoparts store? Also what do I need to replace the lower front arms on both sides can you just buy the whole arm or do you just need the joints? By the way is there adifference in the drivers and passengers side in the UCAs thanks
This was my front-end rebuild list:

Front suspension:
Upper Control Arm
LEFT - INCL BALL JOINT K8596
RIGHT - INCL BALL JOINT K8598
Lower Control Arm
LEFT - INCL BALL JOINT K80053
RIGHT - INCL BALL JOINT K80055
Strut Rod
Strut Rod Bushing/Kit K8659 Frame Side
Strut Rod Bushing/Kit K8680 LCA Side
Sway Bar Link/Kit K8635 x2

Those are Moog part numbers. The control arms come complete with ball joints, just bolt them in. Both UCA and LCA are different for left and right.

Hope that helps,
Rob

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Theres no difference between these and the ones you would get from carquest. Previous ones I bought from ford had a clear boot and weren't greasable. The last one I bought had a blue boot and was greasable. :)
-Rob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts