TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did they make any mn-12 convertalbes? or maybe foxbody? if so what type of motors, ect.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought i seen one on e-bay forsale. So i was wondering if it was.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
There was a prototype cougar convert, I saw a pic of it somewhere here, and it actually looked very good. It was equipped with ground effects (to hide bracing) and a 3rd brake light on the trunk lid. I believe it was like an 89-93 ish model.

Joe

·
Registered
2,472 Posts

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
91 XR7 said:
ALso there was convertable Fox chassis cougars too
yea but not factory, they were a conversion

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did they ever make a T-bird? It looked like a cont top on it. i think it was a 91.

·
Registered
573 Posts
You know, that prototype Cougar does look real nice. Shame it wasn't followed up on.
I can see how bracing would have to be a very high priority on a build like that. I wouldn't be surprised if thats the reason the project was dumped. Too much cost per car.

Peter M.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
schwalbe said:
Did they ever make a T-bird? It looked like a cont top on it. i think it was a 91.
No, but they did put the landau tops on a few birds, that's probably what you saw.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
only fox convertibles from the factory were Mustangs. Ive seen the landau and custom jobs they look like crap.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Didn't all manufators stop making convertables LONG ago?? :)

HECK the company i work for helped out in doing the Mustang convertables in the '80s

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Ford still makes the Mustang convertible. There are still a good number being built, the Chrysler Crossfire, Toyota Solara to name a couple.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Wish theyd still made the t-tops like in the late 70s Birds.

·
Registered
119 Posts
no and they look like crap when ppl make em like that
Amen, bro... amen... there's one here in town, and it's blue with a white vinyl top... GAG.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts