TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I Have A Question. I Want To Upgrade To Torque Converter When I Replace The Transmission With A Jmodded One. I'm Not Doing Any Engine Upgrades Other Than The Cai And Full Exhaust. What Stall I Should Order For This Set Up? The Car Will Also Have A Dynotech Driveshaft And 3.73 Gears.

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
What is your anticipated application? Street? Street/Strip? Strip only? Street tires or slicks, etc.

·
Registered
663 Posts
IMHO, given the tremendous one time purchase price of a TC the choice should be made after you have factored in any mod you ever plan on doing, such as cams or a tune or perhaps you will do the PI swap down the road. Sure you can throw a TC at this thing straight away and have it set up for what you have now, but if you do anything more to it down the road a little ways there will be room for improvement and then you'll have to buy another TC

But this is just me assuming everyone else gets addicted to power parts the same as me

*i just read OP again, "I'm Not Doing Any Engine Mods" in that case my best guess is you would want like 2500-3000... *

Where's DirtyDog?

·
Super Moderator
10,319 Posts
given the tremendous one time purchase price of a TC

Where's DirtyDog?
I just bought a Very Nice™ TC from DD, and it was very reasonably priced. :)

The stickers alone are worth 20 HP, IMHO. :cool:

His wife is expecting, so less time for us I'm afraid...

A stock ford converter was almost as much as a good one last time I checked for my Mark engine build.

I'm not drag racing, so YMMV, lol. (higher hp = mo money...)

Remember, while you're in there, upgrade the driveshaft. The stock one is trash. :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts