TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just say i called Alan today and ordered my converter i cant wait to see how that 4.2k stall works with my 4.30 gears im so pumped lol.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I hope you have good tires lol. Your going to need them. You will love it. Do you have a stock stall currently?

Welcome to the site.

·
Super Moderator
12,086 Posts
Welcome to the Club.

Uh, yea you're gonna need som Biiiiig tires if you're still running the stock size.

Do you have a TBird, Cougar or Mark VIII?

·
Super Moderator
12,086 Posts

·
50 years of Mercury Cougar 1967/2017
1,265 Posts
I have a 10 " b+m for a c-6. Switch that 351 to a 460 and I'llsell you the trans. as well.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Stall???Best damn mod you can do for the money!!!

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
I have a 10 " b+m for a c-6. Switch that 351 to a 460 and I'llsell you the trans. as well.
I run a C6 now behind the 351W.
And I run another C6 behind the 460 thats in my 73 bird.

I would so much rather be running a C4 in the 95.

is it only for big blocks?

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I would say thats a toss up between that and a gear swap(if you can do the gear swap yourself, you're way ahead as far as cost goes).
Ummmm.....Sorry nick.I have to disagree. A gear swap is a great mod and should probley be one of the first. But if I had to remod my car all over again the first thing I'd do is a big stall converter hands down.You may be ahead of cost on a gear swap but a converter is worth EVERY penny. Id gladly spend the money again on a converter if i had to.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Ummmm.....Sorry nick.I have to disagree. A gear swap is a great mod and should probley be one of the first. But if I had to remod my car all over again the first thing I'd do is a big stall converter hands down.You may be ahead of cost on a gear swap but a converter is worth EVERY penny. Id gladly spend the money again on a converter if i had to.
hey, thats okay :) I'm glad you disagree lol!
If everyone didn't, this place would be boring.

And I'm right, and you're wrong! :tongue:

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
I sooo want an aftermarket converter! Nothing more than a 3.5K stall and 3.73. That would make me happy. One of these days when I'm rolling in cash. :)

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
hey, thats okay :) I'm glad you disagree lol!
If everyone didn't, this place would be boring.

And I'm right, and you're wrong! :tongue:

Yeah just like you think you're car is faster. lol Silly big block car.You're gonna get beat by a small block with boost. hahaha

Now that is truth.

But yeah I think I may want more stall here eventually. Like maybe 4k next time around.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Yeah just like you think you're car is faster. lol Silly big block car.You're gonna get beat by a small block with boost. hahaha

Now that is truth.

But yeah I think I may want more stall here eventually. Like maybe 4k next time around.
yeah, compared to yours, I guess it is a "big block"....lol

you won't be faster for long :tongue:

·
50 years of Mercury Cougar 1967/2017
1,265 Posts
I run a C6 now behind the 351W.
And I run another C6 behind the 460 thats in my 73 bird.

I would so much rather be running a C4 in the 95.

is it only for big blocks?
The pilot hole in the crank shaft is different, ford had a better idea, build a 460 and have different pilot hole sizes.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts