TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I wanted to cut my Cats off would I loose any power? I did a search but didn't quite find what I was looking for. I have stock manifolds to High flow cats. From the cats I have the pipe from my flowmaster catback exhaust. I am using exilerator mufflers. The motor is all stock. I need to get rid of my cats because I am doing the T45 swap with an external slave cylinder. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Sorry about the double post.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
weswing04 said:
Exilerator mufflers?

Ya they were bought and installed at mizer. They have a nice deep sound and the little flow chart they had said that they flow better than flowmaster. I dunno about that but I plan on getting some Magnaflow mufflers soon.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Actually you might lose some power. The back pressure won't be there. You need that. I lost some with the bullet muffler I put on. So I took off the 75 mm MAF and put the stock one back on for now. Much better.

·
Registered
169 Posts
You wont lose any horsepower, you'll jsut gain it on the top end. You'll use some low end torque, but thats what a TC and 4:10's are for :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts