TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
there be a pic of one floating around

don't expect to race though, choppin the top on these yachts tends to "loosen" them up.. especially the birdies (rear window is structural)

·
Registered
507 Posts
its not exactly a chop the top and we're good to go kinda deal. u hafta put tons of bracing in the car just to keep it from saggin i the middle. remember, our cars are unibody cars, so the roof helps hold it together

if u notice in this pic, the car has sc lookin side skirts, i'm willin to bet they are there to hide all of the bracing need for that car to work

edit: it looks sick though :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
i cut the roof off one of my ol station wagons one time and when you shut the doors the whole side wobbled... not a good idea...wagon was bound for the scrap yard anyways darrell

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
we cut the top and took the doors off an 82 volkswagon rabbit diesel car/truck. drove it for a little and the middle bent and touched the ground.

·
Registered
859 Posts
coolest68 said:
someone in ohio did that to there cougar i saw it on cougar nuts
The one in Ohio wasn't done by the owner, Ford sent the car to a custom shop to get the top taken off and have a convertible put on. There are some random parts from other auto manufacturers in there (mainly for the rear quarter glass), and it looks awesome. The engine bay is white (yeah, I said white), and you could eat off of it. Eric has put a lot of time and sweat into that 86, and it shows. But Ford had the top done in 86.

Here's a pic:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts