TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anybody converted their stock wheels to the 5.45 bolt pattern? theoritically it shouldn't be a big deal to oblong the original stud holes an extra .25" a piece to make the change and once done there's no way the wheel can shift around on it. just a matter of making sure you are perfectly aligned when doing so. Dave

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
thinking about it my more viable option may be to just drill the extra bolt pattern into my hubs and swap studs when swapping wheels. i am running extra long studs for my welds and i would only be swapping for winter use

·
Registered
917 Posts
im sure you could just pick up a set of crappy GT wheels for next to nothing...

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
im sure you could just pick up a set of crappy GT wheels for next to nothing...
YEP. Better safety, and probably cheaper than all that machine work. and you can get 16" or 17" wheels depending on your needs.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it really wouldn't take all that much machine work. i'm running mustang hubs now with redrilled tbird brakes on all four corners. the rotors were drilled with both patterns so it would just be a matter of throwing the hubs on a drill press with the rotors bolted on and drilling the extra holes

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
it really wouldn't take all that much machine work. i'm running mustang hubs now with redrilled tbird brakes on all four corners. the rotors were drilled with both patterns so it would just be a matter of throwing the hubs on a drill press with the rotors bolted on and drilling the extra holes
If you want excessive runout you can do it that way. If you want to do it right you use a vertical mill, with the hub on a rotary table.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
My winter mustang wheels cost me $100, is it even worth all that effort?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts