TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to put 4 valve heads on a 2 valve block? I will be getting the all aluminum Explorer motor, and want the complete 4 valve all aluminum package.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
It is possible. You have to find an accessory bracket that will fit though. The compression will be lower if I remember right with the 4 valve heads on the 2 valve block. There are other factors to I believe, but I am tired right now and can't think of them. I imagine someone else will post and tell you though.

Russell

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
If you want an aluminum block and 4 valve heads find a wrecked Marc VIII rather than the extra expense of trying to mate them to the explorer block. I am willing to bet after you have had a ride in the 02 motor bird though you will realize 4 valves are not necesary

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Agree with tim on this. Did some pretty extensive reasearch before deciding on getting the Explorer engine. Want 4 valves, get a Mark engine. Found low mileage runners in the $1800 range at Greenleaf. Found higher mileage 93's for as little as $650 plus ship. Most had over a 100K though.:cool2:

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess I need to take a ride in your car timb. My main goal is to make 250 hp at the wheels N/A and 400 rwhp if I decide to supercharge.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts