TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only $75 here in indy.
I put this in my daughters car. She loves it. The input is on front. Makes it easy to use.

[/IMG]

·
Registered
144 Posts
That's a really nice deck! If I had an extra $75 laying around I'd buy one too!

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
I have always liked Kenwood decks. I bought one last year with HD radio. Its amazing how cheap these are, back in 1995, I paid $350 for my old Kenwood.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
I have always liked Kenwood decks. I bought one last year with HD radio. Its amazing how cheap these are, back in 1995, I paid $350 for my old Kenwood.
I think I paid around $700 back in the 90's for a flip face excellon kenwood headunit.
crazy crap i used to buy.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have Kenwood decks in my car and my truck. I love them. The ones I have have built in crossovers, eq, time alignment, 6 preouts, too much to list really. I paid less than $200 each.

·
Super Moderator
9,175 Posts
I have one similar to that in the Cougar. KDC-248U. Only difference is mine has a USB port on the front which I have a micro USB flash drive with all my music on it plugged in to. The one in the T-bird is an X595, nice unit. I can change the color of the display and it has a parametric 3 band EQ and 6 pre-outs.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
I think I paid around $700 back in the 90's for a flip face excellon kenwood headunit.
You were hard core if you had one of those! I spent about $1300 in 1995 dollars for my system (2 amps, 6 speakers).

Crazy crap is right!

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
I like Kenwood but slightly higher end, I need things like the dual zone (so kids get audio for movies playing on the drop down LCD, I get to listen to my music).

Currently have a 12 year old Excellon and a 10 year old two level down from the Burr Brown amp model (or whoevers amp it is).

I really really really (really really) need a new deck that has front and/or rear USB and can control an iPod and play from a thumbdrive. I don't want a CD player, so go ahead and make it two inches deep. Doesn't need to run Android or access Pandora.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
$700.00 in 1990 had the same buying power as $1,252.74 in 2012.
$700.00 in 1999 had the same buying power as $963.82 in 2012.

It's amazing how much inflation has gone up while technology, and well, mtg with complete disregard for the environment in china has brought the cost of stuff down.

The technological equivalent of my 42" LCD TV I bought 5 years ago @ $1200 is worth a mere $200-300 now. Crazy.

-g

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
You were hard core if you had one of those! I spent about $1300 in 1995 dollars for my system (2 amps, 6 speakers).

Crazy crap is right!
$700.00 in 1990 had the same buying power as $1,252.74 in 2012.
$700.00 in 1999 had the same buying power as $963.82 in 2012.

It's amazing how much inflation has gone up while technology, and well, mtg with complete disregard for the environment in china has brought the cost of stuff down.

The technological equivalent of my 42" LCD TV I bought 5 years ago @ $1200 is worth a mere $200-300 now. Crazy.

-g
Thats what I liked then....big clean stereos.

So I had a little over 5g's in this pig back in the day...just in stereo crap.
I have 90% of it still, and just dont know what I'm going to do with it.

The amp rack was hinged, and I still retained my spare and jack under all that.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Its funny, I have my 8" speaker boxes hooked to my TV in the basement. They are vintage Radio Shack subs, they might be worth some money now. I don't own anything else from my system.

Nick, that is a nice and clean setup there.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Did Blaupunkt pull out of the USA market for awhile?

I like how my Kenwood looks in my dash.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Did Blaupunkt pull out of the USA market for awhile?

I like how my Kenwood looks in my dash.
I'm not sure, but they are hard to come by. I just bought mine off Amazon.com a week ago. It's an amazing head unit, the clarity and tuning capabilities are endless.

·
Super Moderator
9,175 Posts
One's stereo is only as good as its worst component. I'd bet most people's speakers are high on that list, and... well, I'm sure many peoples' ears couldn't tell the difference between the sound quality of a pair of HD595s and $3 earbuds too. :tongue:

There are many ways to perceive sound. Some people think sound with artificially boosted highs sounds best. Others think artificially boosted lows sound best. Personally, I like a linear, non-colored frequency response. Different equipment will each contribute to a different degree of coloration, distortion, frequency response etc....

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
That McIntosh looks like it came out of a 1990's GM product. Doesn't get high marks for looks but I am sure it sounds good.

I actually noticed a big difference in sound between my antique Kenwood and the one I have now. I have 4 Pioneer 3 ways in my bird and they sound so much better with the newer Kenwood.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts