TCCoA Forums banner

Coolant = #8 Misfire

649 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  tbirdguy 
#1 ·
Anyway to make a long story short my intake cracked a few days back and I replaced it over the weekend. Anyway my problem is I have a bad misfire on cylinder #8 so bad that I'm getting a flashing CEL, (enough that it may damage the cats) so needless to say I’m not driving it right now.

Coolant obviously got into all the spark plug tubes when the crossover went and I tried to dry them out to the best of my abilities by blowing compressed air into the tubes. This method got all the heavy crap out but I know the tubes are still moist since when I pulled the boots after running the car they are steaming. The steam is what I think is killing me since the car runs fine until it warms up a bit, then I guess the small amount of anti freeze residue steams up and prevents me from getting good spark on that cylinder.

A few peeps have said change the plugs and wires, problem is if there is still residue in the tubes I may still get the same problem even after replacing the parts. I’m just looking for any tips or pointers on how to dry out the tubes really well. Thanks for any help in advance.

#3 ·
Use a shop vac at the same time as the air...

If you kinda put the vac nozzle half over the hole, then shoot the air down into the hole, it will all come out. :)

I just got thru doing this; I had a bunch of crap down around the plugs, and had to wash it out before I changed them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.