TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve finally gotten rid of the leaks in the system to come outside and find a small puddle under my car. What is this for?

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,955 Posts
From? Probably the lower radiator hose, Possibly the clamp might only need a squeeze (PITA as they may be the factory style spring clamps work better) worst case scenario your side tanks are seeping/cracked and you’ll need a new radiator.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From? Probably the lower radiator hose, Possibly the clamp might only need a squeeze (PITA as they may be the factory style spring clamps work better) worst case scenario your side tanks are seeping/cracked and you’ll need a new radiator.
It’s a brand new radiator, it seems to be coming from the nipple in the picture but i let it warm up and it isn’t pouring out, it stopped in fact.

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,955 Posts
That isn’t a nipple, it’s simply an alignment tab to hold the radiator in place. The fact that it’s temperature dependent tells me it’s probably the hose and/or clamp. Try moving the clamp closer to the flare on the radiator outlet, it might get a little bore bite and hold the seal

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
It's leaking higher than the bottom of the bottom hose. If you look at the screw of the worm clamp, you can see a drop of coolant beginning to form.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Brand new radiator and used hoses? If so, get some new ones. And as mentioned, use the factory squeeze on clamps if you still have them. You won't find a better clamp, but you will cuss a few times when using them. Worm clamps can come loose over time as the hose shrinks.

Al

1 - 6 of 6 Posts