TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to remove the coolant crossover pipe on the Marks and Cobras without damaging them? I need to swap mine with an older one that has the 2 sensor holes. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
10,274 Posts
The orings and rust are all that's holding it in there; pb blaster helps sometimes.

Those are practically unobtanium. You can only get them from another dead mark or cobra, at this point.

I personally would not beat it with a 2x4. Some of them are bronze; most are steel, and fairly thin. If the vent still opens on the crossover, it's a rare one, from what I've seen.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was just going to tee off the the other sensor but someone said it would guve a false temp reading. Anyone else hear that?

·
Super Moderator
10,274 Posts
I was just going to tee off the the other sensor but someone said it would guve a false temp reading. Anyone else hear that?
Yes.

You need flow; the dead pocket in the t gives bad readings.

I'm was thinking of putting mine in the line out of the crack pipe in the back of the driver's side head, but I'm not positive that flows the right direction. I'm not close to having to decide yet, lol.

That is the hottest coolant temperature location, from what I've read.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Yes I've had it happen before. Also with the cross over removal, use a rubber dead blow hammer and a soft piece of two by four the kind that will have hammer marks on it from beating on it that way you won't damage the tube. Mine has a 1/8" dime size dent on the underside from removing it with a reg hammer and a rag wrapped around it but stuff happens and it doesn't bother me at all. Also it comes out much easier if you lightly heat the "front ears" of the heads with a small soldering torch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts