TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a 94 T-Bird 4.6L V8

Where do I install this Prestone Coolant Drain/Flush kit I bought? It says something about hoses that come from the firewall and into the water pump, but I cant seem to locate them.

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,917 Posts
The hose I spliced into is at the rear of the engine, almost underneath the wiper cowl. The hose is shaped sort of like a squared-off upside-down U, and connects to the rear of the engine , if that helps any.

·
3rd Gear Chirper
2,399 Posts
The hose from the firewall to the waterpump runs underneath the intake manifold. You can splice into it right behind the engine. Look at the intake, see the heater hose at the rear on the passenger's side? Follow that back to the firewall. Where that line connects at, there is another one just like it, this one runs to the waterpump.

Hope that was clear. Basically, the one you want is the one that doesn't run to the intake.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hotbird said:
The hose from the firewall to the waterpump runs underneath the intake manifold. You can splice into it right behind the engine. Look at the intake, see the heater hose at the rear on the passenger's side? Follow that back to the firewall. Where that line connects at, there is another one just like it, this one runs to the waterpump.

Hope that was clear. Basically, the one you want is the one that doesn't run to the intake.
Thanks but actually it still isnt clear.

According to the instructions on the Flush N Fill kit, Im supposed to put the Tee into the hose that runs to the top of the Engine (Intake Manifold)

Step 2. In Installation

Two Heater hoses extend from the fire wall to the engine, in both front and rear wheel drive vehicles. Hose #1 runs from fire wall to water pump. Hose #2 runs from the fire wall to the top of the engine. This is the heater inlet hose. Ask a qualified mechanic if uncertain

Step 3.

TEE should be installed in a relatively straight section of the inlet hose, away from the hot exhaust system. Cut heater inlet hose; install TEE that provides sung fit in heater inlet... yadda yadda yadda.

·
3rd Gear Chirper
2,399 Posts
LUCA BRAZZI said:
Thanks but actually it still isnt clear.

According to the instructions on the Flush N Fill kit, Im supposed to put the Tee into the hose that runs to the top of the Engine (Intake Manifold)

Step 2. In Installation

Two Heater hoses extend from the fire wall to the engine, in both front and rear wheel drive vehicles. Hose #1 runs from fire wall to water pump.

<b>Yeah, on our cars, hose 1 goes to a metal line bolted to the back of the passenger side cylinder head. The metal line runs under the intake into the waterpump.</b>

Hose #2 runs from the fire wall to the top of the engine. This is the heater inlet hose.

<b> Yes, it does. Goes to the rear of the intake, passenger side.</b>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts