TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it's the two hoses that go into/exit the heater core from the motor..... anybody know where i can get the pair in good shape? autozone sells replacement hose, but it kinks when you rig it on there. also, the upper (transmission fluid?) line on my rad has a leak... it seems like the nut that is screwed into the rad is the culprit... should i replace the rad?

·
Super Moderator
4,887 Posts
1) RockAuto lists the molded hoses here.

2) Is it leaking coolant, or transmission fluid? In any case, in Las Vegas, I'd use an external cooler ANYWAY - so you might as well just bypass the in-radiator cooler and use a big enough external. There's talk about which one to use elsewhere in the forum - but the big notes are a) plate style, not tube-and-fin, and b) You can't really go too big with Nevada summers :diablo:

RwP

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1) RockAuto lists the molded hoses here.

2) Is it leaking coolant, or transmission fluid? In any case, in Las Vegas, I'd use an external cooler ANYWAY - so you might as well just bypass the in-radiator cooler and use a big enough external. There's talk about which one to use elsewhere in the forum - but the big notes are a) plate style, not tube-and-fin, and b) You can't really go too big with Nevada summers :diablo:

RwP
it's leaking antifreese. its a minor leak. the fitting that goes into the rad is leaking. also, the seals around the plastic edges of the rad are starting to deteriorate. thanks for the link

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Get the Ford ones from Jason Presslar, they are made from a better rubber than aftermarket ones, and will last forever. He was able to get them a few months back.

For the cooler, a Long LPD 4589 is a good one, 20,500 BTU. $86 on Amazon.

Al

1 - 4 of 4 Posts