TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've had this leak for a while now, but it seems to be getting worse, and when i squeeze the upper radiator hose i can see a drip from the frame. I'm not sure its a head gasket leak, and i have replaced the intake gaskets, and the right side head. and the drip is coming from the right of the engine, I have replaced the radiator cap, and i have checked the water pump. I'm stumped.

Also, i have to give a deep thank you to the help you all have given. You all made it possible to pass inspection and see my wife, and be able to go back to work. THanks you all!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Congrats on the successes.

I think you have to be persistent to trace the leaks. Simple stuff like water flows down and using lights and mirrors to search and not getting the engine too hot to poke around go a long way. Also water blows everywhere when driving so the car may need to be cleaned and just warmed up sitting.

Milky oil will point to bad engine gaskets. You named the big one. Right side low could be the silly oil filter and coolant gasket I read about on 4.6 engines.

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
Look closely at the timing cover to block gasket. I've had that leak before. Look at the core (freeze) plugs for corrosion. I've also had issue with the pipe nipples that are at the front of the intake rusting to nothing and causing the heater hose connection to leak.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts