TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The problems never end. I just replaced my oil filter adapter gasket. So I drained the whole system from the petcock. I also replaced the T-stat on the car.

I matched the adapter gaskets before I put it on, they matched up fine. I don't think its residual but I could be wrong because I spilled a bit when I filled up the resivor, its been months since I performed the repair. Also I checked my T-stat housing and its fine, no leaks around it.

I found atleast where the leak is dripping from and its coming off the bellhousing on the transmission.

The car runs on N at all times(ECT Gauge). I checked the ECT temp on a scan tool and I am reading 195F which should be fine. I also get good heat in the car. Car runs fine, just have a annoying leak. For the car to leak it has to be sitting for a few days and they are about 2 half-dollar size.

I checked my resivor and its a tad low. I am going to top it off again, from Nov. to now its about 1/4 low.

Anybody know or have an Idea of what it might be? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Check the coolant tube in the valley of the engine under the intake manifold. I bet the rubber hose is leaking. Not terrible to fix, just a pain removing the intake to get to.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
sounds like the hose to me as well, get a piece of 3/4-1" diameter heater hose about 4-5" long and two hose clamps and you should be all set

1 - 4 of 4 Posts